VURL Terms of Service
Welcome to the VURL URL Shortener (vurl.com), a web resource that helps to shorten your long URL addresses (herein after – the Site). The VURL is a free URL shortening service that creates short URLs to replace your long URLs. Please read the following Terms of Service (Terms) carefully before using the VURL so that you are aware of your rights and obligations. These Terms are an agreement between you and VURL.
Glossary of the Terms
- Long URL - any working Uniform Resource Locator (URL), colloquially referred to as a web address, which you can use to create a short URL from VURL. A reference to a web resource that indicates its location on a computer network and the mechanism for obtaining it. Most web browsers display the URL of the web page above the page in the address bar.
- Short URL - the VURL generated URL that can be used as a replacement for the long URL. Each long URL shortened on VURL gets its own unique short URL.
- VURL API – is an application programming interface (API) that connects an external service that wants to shorten a long URL with the URL shortener VURL. Each successful request returns a unique short URL.
- The services we provide or make available (Services) include the Site, the services provided by the Site and by the software available through the Site, and all information available through the Site or its related services (Content).
- You agree to use the Services at your own risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You agree that you have made your own determination regarding the usefulness of the Services.
- You may not use the Services in violation of any law or regulation, or rights of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality, or in any manner inconsistent with the Terms.
- BY USING THE SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE SITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR IRREVOCABLE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES OR ACCESS THE SITE.
- When a visitor uses the Services, our Web servers automatically log the browser's domain name, and IP address. This information is collected solely for statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals.
- We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve the Services, such as to optimize your use of the Services.
- The information we collect may be transferred, stored and processed outside the region from which you are visiting the Site.
Ownership and Use of Materials
- You may not use any of our Content (generated short URLs are not included) for commercial purposes, unless you have received this right from us.
- VURL may modify, discontinue or restrict use of any portion of the Site at any time without notice.
Trademarks and Patents
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of VURL or other third parties.
- Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the VURL name or any of the VURL Marks, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without the prior written consent of VURL or any such third party who may own the Mark.
- To the extent prohibited by applicable law, the Services are not intended for and should not be used by anyone under the age of thirteen.
- You represent that you are over the legal age and are the intended recipient of the Services.
- You agree that any content that you post (User Content) does not and will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights, publicity rights, or rights of privacy.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates the Terms.
Online Links to Other Sites
- Through the Site, users can link to other websites of third parties. Any information you provide on the linked pages is provided directly to this third-party.
- VURL is not responsible for the content, services or privacy practices of the websites to which we link. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices and terms of service of each website before providing them with any information.
- We may revise the Terms from time to time, and will always post the most current version on the Site.
- By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
Ending The Terms
- We may stop providing you all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (a) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (b) you have violated the Terms; or (c) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable.
- You may end your legal agreement with VURL at any time by discontinuing your use of the Services.
Questions or Concerns
- If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Terms or the Services, please contact us by email.
Last revised: January 2019